1) Algae growth and wet areas – if you’ve recently noticed any dark areas or streaks, or there appears to be algae growth in some areas, it could be time to call Prestige Home Construction to have your roof inspected. It may only be a minor problem for now, but if you neglect it, you could be in for a total roof replacement.
2) Damaged shingles – every homeowner should do a visual inspection of their roof a minimum of twice a year. Visual inspections can reveal potentially worsening problems such as cracked, curled, or otherwise damaged shingles or missing shingles. If there are only a few areas that need attention, the repairs will be fairly inexpensive. If it’s a more widespread problem, it may be time to think about replacing your roof.
3) Interior inspection – there’s more to roof inspections than just doing a visual exam of the exterior. Let one of our inspection technicians examine the interior of your home potential problems and determine if any roof repair in San Jose is needed.
4) Sagging roof deck – no matter what degree of pitch your roof has, the lines should always appear to be fairly straight. If you see any sagging or warping, this could be an indication of a much larger problem that should receive immediate attention.
5) Shingle granules accumulating in rain gutters – it pays to inspect your rain gutters every couple of months and clean them out whenever necessary. If you start noticing what looks like black sand accumulating in your rain gutters, this is the residue from worn shingles. This normally indicates that it’s time to replace your roof. However, but you might be able to buy yourself a little time with some repairs.
6) Signs of moisture accumulation – water leaks are not always apparent. You could have an interior leak and not be aware of it. Depending on the amount of insulation you have, there could already be severe damage. Check your attic and crawl spaces for any signs of moisture including mildew, mold, pooling, or staining.
7) Sunlight showing through the roof – the last thing any homeowner needs is the ability to see sunlight coming through your roof. This indicates that more than just a minor roof repair in San Jose is needed. Even on sunlit, dry days, your roof could still be in trouble. Examine your attic on a day that’s bright and sunny with all lighting out. If you notice any light coming through, it’s time to call Prestige Home Construction for a professional roof inspection.